Top Performing Multi Cap Mutual Funds to Invest in 2020
Multi Cap Funds are those mutual funds that invest across different market capitalization categories. They are not obligated to invest a certain proportion of their assets in any particular category.
Market Capitalization is defined as the market value of all outstanding shares and is achieved by multiplying the total number of shares outstanding by the market price per share.
Some of the characteristics of a multi cap fund are as follows:
- They provide a diversification since they invest across large caps, mid caps and small caps
- Lower expected volatility
- Suitable for investors with medium investment horizon
- Suitable for investors with medium risk appetite
- Fund manager has the leeway to increase allocation to a particular category based on market view
Top Rated Multi-Cap Funds for 2020
The following are the top-rated multi-cap funds for the year 2020. The funds with the highest ZF Score (refer methodology here) are ranked at the top. A complete list of funds can be seen in the Annexure at the end of this article.
|Fund Name||ZF Score||AUM (in Rs. Crores)||1-Year Return||3-Year Return||5-Year Return|
|Aditya Birla Sun Life MNC Fund||-||3,457||-10.06%||1.13%||3.40%|
|Kotak Standard Multicap Fund||7.34||26,049||-16.65%||-1.40%||5.63%|
|SBI Magnum Multi-Cap Fund||6.95||7,912||-18.00%||-2.12%||4.51%|
(Data as per 12 May, 2020)
1. Aditya Birla Sun Life MNC Fund
A well-diversified fund investing in top MNCs. The fund has been ranked top due to its potential to provide for capital appreciation over the long term.
The fund has outperformed its index by a significant margin over the long term, also from the inception.
- Rs. 10,000 invested in May 2015 would have been approx. Rs.11,974.
- Rs. 1,000 invested in monthly SIP since May 2015 would have been approx. Rs. 61,779.
2. Kotak Standard Multi-Cap Fund
The fund has ranked highest in terms of consistency among the others in the category. Moreover, it is one of the highest rankers in the parameter of volatility as per our ZFunds Ratings.
Kotak Standard Multi cap has the largest AUM in the Multi-Cap Category.
A good option for long term investments.
- Rs. 10,000 invested in May 2015 would have been approx. Rs.13,385.
- Rs. 1,000 invested in monthly SIP since May 2015 would have been approx. Rs. 61,043.
3. SBI Magnum Multi-Cap Fund
Though not a top-performing fund in the category, the fund has a good valuation score. Also, the fund’s performance is decent in parameters like consistency & volatility as per our ZFunds Ratings.
- Rs. 10,000 invested in May 2015 would have been approx. Rs.12,682.
- Rs. 1,000 invested in monthly SIP since May 2015 would have been approx. Rs. 58,409.