About Edelweiss MSCI India Domestic & World Healthcare 45 Index Fund NFO
Edelweiss Mutual Fund has announced the launch of Edelweiss MSCI India Domestic & World Healthcare 45 Index Fund. It is a passive index fund that invests in securities comprising the MSCI India Domestic and World Healthcare Index which consists of 45 stocks listed in India and the US market.
The allocation to World and Indian constituents are proportionally planned as follows-
- MSCI India Healthcare: 70% weightage to top 25 domestic stocks as per Free Float Market Capitalization covering sectors such as Pharma, Diagnostics, Life Sciences Tools & Services, Biotechnology, etc.
- MSCI World Healthcare: 30% weightage to 20 stocks (top 5 stocks from each subsector) of top global companies listed in the US. The sub-sectors include Pharma, Life Sciences tools & services, Healthcare Equipment, and Biotechnology.
The NFO period starts from 06 October 2020 & closes on 20 October 2020.
The Fund will invest in securities constituting the MSCI India Domestic & World Healthcare 45 Index with the objective to generate returns for investors closely corresponding to its benchmark index returns before expenses, subject to any tracking errors.
The scheme is suitable for investors who are
- Looking for long term wealth creation.
- Looking for passive investments in equity and equity-related securities replicating the composition of MSCI India Domestic & World Healthcare 45 Index, subject to tracking errors.
Asset Allocation Pattern
|Investments||Indicative Allocation (% of Total Assets)||Risk|
|Equity stocks in MSCI India Domestic & World Healthcare 45 Index*||95% - 100%||High|
|Debt & Money Market Instruments/ Liquid Mutual Funds units||0% - 5%||Low|
*Find the details of Index Constituents at the end of page
Why invest in this scheme now?
- The pharmaceutical industry outperformed the broader market by over 35%.
- Historically, given an FMCG style of business model, the healthcare sector in India has traded at a premium over the broader markets. The premium is currently lower in contrast to the historical levels.
- Price to Book values have picked up from its lows and is now still below its peak and long term average.
- Given the current reasonable valuation, it may be a good time to make investments into this theme.
About the scheme
|Name of the Scheme||Edelweiss MSCI India Domestic & World Healthcare 45 Index Fund|
|Fund House||Edelweiss Mutual Fund|
|Type of the Scheme||An open-ended scheme replicating the MSCI India Domestic and World Healthcare 45 Index|
|Investment Objective||The Investment Objective of the scheme is to provide returns closely corresponding to its benchmark index returns before expenses, subject to tracking errors. The scheme aims to realize its investment objective by investing in stocks constituting the MSCI India Domestic and World Healthcare 45 Index.|
|Benchmark||MSCI India Domestic & World Healthcare 45 Index Fund|
|Entry Load||Not Applicable|
|Minimum Amount to Apply||Rs. 5,000 and in multiples of Rs.1 thereafter|
|Minimum Additional Amount||Rs. 500 and in multiples of Rs.1 thereafter|
Starts on October 6, 2020
Ends on October 20, 2020
Mr. Hardik Varma
Mr. Mayur Dharmshi (for foreign investments)
|Type||Minimum Installments||Minimum Amount|
|Daily||20||Rs.300 & in multiples of Rs.1 thereafter|
|Weekly||12||Rs.500 & in multiples of Rs.1 thereafter|
|Fortnightly||12||Rs.500 & in multiples of Rs.1 thereafter|
|Monthly||12||Rs.500 & in multiples of Rs.1 thereafter|
|Quarterly||6||Rs.1000 & in multiples of Rs.1 thereafter|
- MSCI Domestic Healthcare Select Component
|Pharmaceuticals - Securities||Allocation %|
|DR REDDY'S LABORATORIES||9.89%|
|SUN PHARMACEUTICAL IND||8.46%|
|JUBILANT LIFE SCIENCES||1.17%|
|PROCTER & GAMBLE HEALTH||0.64%|
|ASTRAZENECA PHARMA INDIA||0.34%|
|Healthcare Amenities- Securities||Allocation|
|DR LAL PATHLABS||1.04%|
|Life Sciences Tools - Securities||Allocation|
- MSCI World Healthcare Select Component
|JOHNSON & JOHNSON||4.50%|
|MERCK & CO||2.43%|
|BRISTOL-MYERS SQUIBB CO||1.58%|
|Life Sciences Tools & Amenities securities||Allocation|
|THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC||1.90%|
|METTLER TOLEDO INTL||0.26%|
|Healthcare Equipment securities||Allocation|
ICICI Prudential ESG Fund NFO Scheme Detail
Invesco India Focused 20 Equity Fund- NFO
ICICI Prudential Balanced Advantage Fund
Open Ended Funds: Meaning, Benefits, Comparison with Close Ended Funds
SBI Magnum Children’s Benefit Fund- Investment Plan NFO
Large Cap Funds to Invest in India
Nippon India Nifty Smallcap 250 Index Fund- NFO