Edelweiss Mutual Fund
Edelweiss Group, one of India's youngest and fastest-growing asset management companies, invests in those companies that have strong earnings growth, and good management, along with the potential of business in the future.
|Mutual Fund||Edelweiss Mutual Fund|
|Set up||30 April 2008|
|Sponsors||Edelweiss Financial Services Limited|
|Trustee||Edelweiss Trusteeship Company Limited|
|MD and CEO||Radhika Gupta|
|CIO||Dhawal Dalal, Harshad Patwardhan|
|Investor Service Officer||Mayur Jadhav|
|Compliance Officer||Vijaylakshmi Khatri|
|Total AUM||Rs. 61,614 Crores (As of 31st May 2021)|
|No. of Schemes||38|
Timeline and Achievements
2009: Youngest to be on AMC block
2014: Acquired forefront capital, India’s first domestic hedge fund
2016: Acquired JP Morgan AMC’s India business
2019: Awarded the mandate for India’s first corporate bond ETF
2021: Launched India’s first target maturity index fund
Types of Edelweiss Mutual Fund
- Edelweiss Equity Funds: Edelweiss equity funds invest in shares of various companies. These are ideal for long-term investments as they usually focusing on capital appreciation over the long run. Risks of various levels are usually associated with these funds as these deal into different market-related aspects.
- Edelweiss Debt Funds: Edelweiss Debt Funds invests mainly in debts and debt-related instruments offering fixed income, such as government bonds, corporate bonds. These funds though generate decent returns but are also associated with lower risks.
- Edelweiss Hybrid Funds: Edelweiss Hybrid Funds invests in two or more than two asset classes, like equity, debt, gold, etc. In long term, these funds invest in different securities offering capital appreciation or offering regular income relatively stable returns to the investors.
- Edelweiss International Funds: Edelweiss International Funds are an option of investments in various companies outside India, predominantly in equity, equity-related instruments, debt, etc.
- Edelweiss Passive Funds: Edelweiss Passive Funds keeps the track of the market index for determining the investment. It generally invests in those portfolios which replicate the market index.
- Edelweiss Bharat Bond: Edelweiss Bharat Bond invests in AAA-rated public sector bonds, enabling the investor to invest in Public Sector Companies.
Top Performing Edelweiss Mutual Fund
|Edelweiss Balanced Advantage Fund||Hybrid|
|Edelweiss Equity Savings Fund||Hybrid|
|Edelweiss Dynamic Bond Fund||Debt|
|Edelweiss Arbitrage Fund||Hybrid|
|Edelweiss Liquid Fund||Debt|
|Edelweiss Overnight Fund||Debt|
|Edelweiss Large & Midcap Fund||Equity|
|Edelweiss Large Cap fund||Equity|
|Edelweiss Government Securities Fund||Debt|
|Edelweiss Small Cap Fund||Equity|
Top Fund Managers
1. Mr. Harshad Patwardhan
Mr. Harshad Patwardhan, with experience of more than 25 years in industries, is the CIO equities of Edelweiss Asset Management. He’s looking after long-only equity mutual funds at Edelweiss Asset Management Limited. At Edelweiss, he manages Edelweiss Multi-Cap Fund, Edelweiss Large & Mid Cap Fund, and Edelweiss Mid Cap fund.
2. Mr. Dhawal Dalal
Mr. Dhawal Dala is Chief Investment officer – Debt at Edelweiss Asset Management, with over two decades of industry experience. He manages almost 35 schemes at Edelweiss himself, apart from managing the debt investment team. A total AuM of about 3900 crores is being managed by him including funds like Edelweiss Government Securities fund, Edelweiss short term funds, Edelweiss dynamic bonds, and Edelweiss debt funds.
3. Mr. Nalin Moniz
Mr. Nalin Moniz is the CIO – Alternative equities at Edelweiss Asset Management, spearheading the portfolio management, and research section of the Alternative equities at Edelweiss. He handles the Edelweiss Alternative Equity Fund, having compound at over 23% in the last 4 years.
4. Mr. Pranav Parikh
Mr. Pranav Parikh is CIO- Private Equity at Edelweiss Asset Management, with nearly 20 years of experience dealing in both Indian and American economies. He is one of the key people in the setting up of Private Equity and Venture Capitals at Edelweiss.
5. Mr. Gautam Kaul
At Edelweiss Asset Management, Mr. Gautam Kaul is Fund Manager for Fixed Income. He is almost having two decades of experience in fund management at various leading AMCs.
How to invest in Edelweiss Mutual Fund through ZFunds?
With mentioned simple steps, you can easily invest in Edelweiss mutual funds via ZFunds:
- Create a free account with ZFunds. If you already have an account with ZFunds, simply log in to it.
- In case of creating an account, you will be required to upload your identification documents including an Aadhar card, pan card, Voter ID card, driving license, passport, or any other reliable document which is issued by the state or central government.
- You will also be required to upload your address proof.
- After that, select the best fund which suits you as per your investment duration and risk appetite.
- Lastly, you just need to choose whether you want to do a lump-sum investment or start a SIP.
1. Identity Proof
- PAN Card
- Aadhar Card
- Driving License
2. Address Proof
- Aadhar Card
- Driving License
- Any Recent Utility Bill
- Rental/Lease Agreement
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What are Equity funds?
Equity funds are mutual funds investing in equity & equity-related securities of various companies to generate capital appreciation for their investors.
2. What are Hybrid funds?
Hybrid funds usually invest in two or more than two asset classes like equity, debt, gold, etc. In the long term, these funds generally offer capital appreciation along with offering regular income to the investors. Further, some of its popular sub-categories are:
Aggressive Hybrid Funds
Conservative Hybrid Funds
Balanced Advantage Funds
Multi-Asset Allocation Funds
3. Which are the top 5 Edelweiss mutual funds?
Some of the Top edelweiss mutual funds are:
Edelweiss Balanced Advantage Fund
Edelweiss Mid Cap Fund
Edelweiss Dynamic Bond Fund
Edelweiss PSU Bond Plus SDL Index Fund 2026
Edelweiss Small Cap Fund
4. Is Edelweiss mutual fund safe?
Since Edelweiss mutual funds deal in various market-related aspects, the risk level associated with various edelweiss mutual funds is generally rated low to high. It varies across funds with different investment objectives.