FRANKLIN TEMPLETON MUTUAL FUND
About Franklin Templeton Investments
Franklin Templeton Investments was founded in 1947. It has been dedicated to delivering exceptional asset management to institutions, retails, and big net worth clients. Franklin Templeton is present in 25 countries across the world and has more than 600 investment professionals. Franklin Templeton focuses on finding the largest and most visible securities from every market to find good opportunities for investment that meet their investment criteria.
Franklin Templeton India
Franklin Templeton is associated with it for the past 2 decades. The first office was set up in 1996 in India which was named Templeton Asset Management Private Limited and launched its first mutual fund named Templeton India Growth Fund in September 1996. And Since then, Franklin Templeton has shown a steady pace in its business.
Major Information about Franklin Templeton Mutual Fund
Total AUM: ₹61,214 Crore as of 31st May 2021
No. of Schemes: 55 Schemes
Top 10 Franklin Templeton Mutual Funds
- Franklin India Technology Fund
- Franklin India Smaller Companies Fund
- Franklin India Feeder Franklin US Opportunities Fund
- Franklin India Focused Equity Fund
- Franklin India Asia Equity Fund
- Franklin India Equity Hybrid Fund
- Franklin India Taxshield Fund
- Franklin India Banking & PSU Debt Fund
- Franklin India Corporate Debt Fund
- Franklin India Government Securities Fund
Franklin Templeton Equity Funds
Franklin Templeton equity funds invest their assets in equity and equity and related securities. These funds are great for long-term capital appreciation. These funds are best for investors who want exposure to stock markets.
Franklin Templeton Debt Funds
Franklin Templeton Debt Funds invest their assets in debt and debt-related instruments which have a fixed rate of interest and thus generate relatively stable returns. This includes instruments like Bonds, Debentures, Commercial Paper, Government securities. Debt funds are considered as low risk and hence low returns as compared with equity funds.
Franklin Templeton Hybrid Funds
Franklin Templeton Hybrid funds invest their assets in more than one asset class like equity, debt, gold, or any other. These funds give good diversification as the investments are done in different asset classes. Hybrid funds have the capability to generate more returns than debt funds and also they possess lower risk as compared to equity funds.
Franklin Templeton Tax Saver Funds
Tax saver funds are also known as ELSS funds. As the name suggests, these funds give a tax deduction of up to ₹ 1.5 lakhs under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act,1961. These funds invest their asset in equity securities in a diversified manner. These funds have a lock-in period of 3 years.
Fund Managers of Franklin Templeton Mutual Fund
1. Mr. Anand Radhakrishan:
Mr. Anand has B.tech and PGDM. He has also done CFA. He has experience working with Sundaram Asset Management, SBI Funds management, and Asian convertible & income Fund. He has a total AUM of ₹24,000 Crores.
2. Mr. R Janakiraman:
Mr. Janakiraman has B.E. and PGDM in Business management. Before working with Franklin, he has worked with India Syntans Investments, Citicorp information technology, and UTI securities exchange. He has a total AUM of ₹28,900 Crore.
3. Mr. Lakshmiknath Reddy:
Mr. Reddy has done B.tech in Mechanical engineering and PGDM from IIM Ahmedabad. He has experience working with ICICI Pru life insurance, HSBC capital, UTI, and other companies. He has a total AUM of ₹10,000 Crore.
4. Mr. Umesh Sharma:
Mr. Sharma is a B.com graduate and holds CS and CA. He has worked with ICICI Bank, UTI mutual fund, JM financials, and Invesco Mutual fund. He has a total AUM of ₹9,500 Crore.
5. Mr. Hari Shyamsunder:
Mr. Shyamsunder has done B.E. in mechanical and PGDM from IIM Bangalore. He has also done CFA. Before working with Franklin Templeton he has worked with BG India as a Business Analyst. He has a total AUM of ₹13,000 Crore.
How to Invest in Franklin Templeton Mutual Funds Via ZFunds?
There are very easy and simple steps to start investing in Franklin Templeton Mutual Fund, one of India’s largest mutual fund houses. Follow the below-mentioned steps to start investing:
- Create your free account with ZFunds. If you already have an account with ZFunds, you can simply log in to it.
- To create an account, you will be required to upload your identification documents, including an Aadhar card, pan card, Voter ID card, driving license, passport, or any other document issued by the central or state government.
- You will also be required to upload your address proof.
- After that, you just need to select the best fund which suits you as per your investment horizon and risk.
- And, then at last you just need to choose whether you want to do a lumpsum investment or start a sip.
After the successful investment, the units will be allotted and investment will be reflected in 2-3 working days in your ZFunds account.
Documents Required for KYC
For Offline KYC:
1. Identity Proof: For this, you need only one of the following.
- Adhaar Card
- PAN Card
- Voter ID
- Driving license.
- NREGA Job Card
2. Address Proof: For this, you need only one of the following.
- Adhar Card
- Voter ID
- Driving License
- Utility Bill
- Bank or post office account statement
- NREGA Job Card
3. Passport Size photo with signature.
For Online KYC:
- Pan Card
- Adhar Card