Invesco Global Consumer Trends Fund of Fund NFO
Invesco Mutual Fund has announced the launch of the Invesco Global Consumer Trends Fund of Fund. The scheme would be investing in the units of an overseas fund by Invesco- Invesco Global Consumer Trends Fund. As per the press release, the fund invests in companies offering products & services related to consumer discretionary needs. The fund has total assets of USD 2.76 billion as of October 2020.
The New Fund Offer (NFO) starts from 04 December 2020 and will end on 18 December 2020.
The investment objective of the scheme is to provide long-term capital appreciation by investing predominantly in units of Invesco Global Consumer Trends Fund, an overseas fund investing in international stocks. The Fund primarily invests in companies engaged in the production, design & distribution of goods & services related to discretionary consumer needs of individuals.
- The Invesco Global Consumer Trends Fund of Fund will invest 95-100% of its assets in the units of Invesco Global Consumer Trends Fund. Also, the fund can invest up to 5% of its assets in liquid & other debt schemes of Invesco Mutual Fund.
- The Invesco Global Consumer Trends Fund making international investments has a current allocation of approximately:
66% in US Market
21% in Emerging/Frontier Markets
13% in Developed Markets
- The fund focuses on consumer themes across sectors. The fund could make larger allocations in sectors with opportunities.
- The fund has outperformed its benchmark MSCI World Consumer Discretionary Index - Net Dividend since its inception. Also, it has beaten returns of the global equity index- MSCI World NR Index.
Why invest in the Invesco Global Consumer Trends Fund of Fund?
Reasons to invest in the Invesco Global Consumer Trends Fund of Fund:
- Global Investing Opportunity: It offers an opportunity to invest in global companies which are not listed in India. The fund will invest in global companies like Amazon, Netflix, Uber, etc. which carry high growth potential.
- Diversification: Investments in international markets helps to reduce the overall risks in the portfolio as different markets perform at different points of time.
- Low Correlation of Returns: Investments in overseas markets have a low correlation with the domestic market. So, it can have a positive effect on the risk-return characteristics of the fund's portfolio.
- Investing as per consumer trends: The Fund aims to make investments in companies based on the latest trends in the market. This way the fund is able to take advantage of the new opportunities of investments and therefore generate higher returns for investors.
- Benefit from Change: The way people shop, travel, consume, & connect has been experiencing drastic changes in the world economy. This fund aims to benefit from the shift & change in consumer behavior over time by focusing its investment strategy on consumer trends.
The scheme is suitable for investors with a high-risk appetite who are:
- Interested in long term capital appreciation
- Interested in investing in international funds
- Interested in investing in the units of Invesco Global Consumer Trends Fund.
The scheme is recommended for investors with a long investment horizon to earn good returns.
Assets Allocation Pattern-
|Instruments||Minimum % of total assets (Indicative)||Maximum % of total assets (Indicative)||Risk Profile|
|Units of Invesco Global Consumer Trends Fund||95||100||High|
|Debt & Money market instruments and units of liquid & other debt schemes of Invesco||0||5||Low to Moderate|
About the scheme-
|Name of the fund||Invesco India - Invesco Global Consumer Trends Fund of Fund|
|Fund launched by||Invesco Mutual Fund|
|Asset Management Company||Invesco Asset Management (India) Private Limited|
|Type of scheme||An open-ended FoF scheme investing in Invesco Global Consumer Trends Fund.|
|Investment Objective||The investment objective of the scheme is to generate capital appreciation over the long term through investments in the units of Invesco Global Consumer Trends Fund.|
|Benchmark||MSCI World Consumer Discretionary Index - Net Dividend|
|Entry Load||Not Applicable|
Nil - If units of up to 10% are redeemed or switched out within 1 year of allotment.
1% of applicable NAV - On units in excess of 10% redeemed or switched out within 1 year of allotment.
Nil - If units are redeemed or switched out after 1 year of allotment.
|Minimum Application Amount||Rs. 1,000 & in multiple of Rs.1 thereafter|
|Minimum Additional Amount||Rs. 1,000 & in multiple of Rs.1 thereafter|
|STP & SWP||Available|
|Fund Managers||Mr. Neelesh Dhamnaskar and Mr. Krishna Cheemalapati (for debt investments)|
|Type||Minimum Installments||Minimum Amount|
|Monthly||12||Rs.500 & in multiple of Rs.1 thereafter|
|6||Rs.1,000 & in multiple of Rs.1 thereafter|
|Quarterly SIP||4||Rs.1,500 & in multiple of Rs.1 thereafter|