PRADHAN MANTRI AWAS YOJANA ONLINE APPLICATION
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna (i.e. PMAY) is a government-backed initiative launched back in 2015. The basic objective of the PMAY scheme is to provide affordable housing for first-time homeowners under its mission of “Housing for all by 2022”. The PMAY scheme aims to build over 20 million or 2 crore pakka homes replete with basic amenities like electricity, water, and gas by the year 2022. Moreover, it offers interest subsidies on housing loans to ideal and eligible candidates who belong to the low-income, middle-income, and economically weaker groups. The program is divided into two schemes, PMAY Gramin (PMAY-G) and PMAY Urban (PMAY-U) that benefit the Rural and Urban population, respectively. This scheme was executed in a phased manner across the nation and the project is likely to be accomplished by 2022. The last date to apply for this scheme and avail of subsidy on Home Loan is March 31st, 2022. But March 31st, 2019 was the last date for the MIG (I&II) category under the CLSS head.
Before discussing the online application process of PMAY, let us talk about the eligibility criteria so that one can know whether he/she meets them. One is eligible to apply for PMAY if the annual income belongs to the following 4 heads.
- EWS i.e Economically Weaker Section: Family’s annual income is less than or equal to Rs. 3 Lakhs.
- LiG i.e. Lower Income Group: Applicants whose annual family income is between Rs. 3 Lakh to Rs. 6 Lakh.
- MIG I i.e. Middle Income Group I: Applicants whose annual family income is between Rs 6 lakh to Rs. 12 lakh.
- MIG II i.e. Middle Income Group II: Applicants whose annual family income is between Rs. 12 lakh and below Rs. 18 Lakh.
Moreover, The family must not own a pakka house anywhere in the country or receive the benefit of any other such govt housing scheme.
- Aadhar details, as one can not apply for the scheme without these
- Residential and Identity proof, these can include PAN card, Voter ID, Driving License
- Proof if the candidate belongs to a minority community
- Low-income group and Economically Weaker Section (EWS) certificate are required
- Salary Slips
- Income Tax return statement
- Property Valuation certificate is to be submitted
- Account statements and Bank Account
- Proof of not owing any Pakka house
- Proof that the home is constructed under this scheme
BENEFITS OF APPLYING FOR PMAY ONLINE
Applying for PMAY online offer its own benefits which are:
1. Hassle-Free Application:
The online application form is easy to fill. It frees one from the hassle of visiting the CSC and standing in long queues. The online form can be filled with certain details from the comfort of one’s home.
2. Easy to Track:
Once the online form is duly filled and submitted, it can be traced easily online on the PMAY scheme portal.
APPLYING FOR PMAY ONLINE
Step 1: Log on to the PMAY portal (pmaymis.gov.in)
Step 2: Select the ‘Citizen Assessment’ tab and click on the applicable choice: ‘Benefits under 3 components’ or ‘For Slum Dwellers’.
Step 3: Enter the Aadhar details carefully.
Step 4: After this, one will be redirected to the application page, where all the required details need to be filled accurately.
Step 5: The details include name, bank account, income details, and other personal details among others.
Step 6: Once the details are duly filled and checked, click on the ‘Save’ option and enter the Captcha Code.
Step 7: After clicking the ‘Save’ button, the application process is now complete and one can take out a print out of the same after this stage.
CHECKING THE STATUS
The applicants of this scheme can check the status of the application easily on the online portal. There exist 2 ways to track the same.
- By entering personal details like Name, Mobile Number, and Father’s Name.
- By using Assessment ID
- The process to check the application status with Name, Mobile Number, and Father’s Name.
- Log on to the PMAY portal, go to the “Citizen Assessment’ Tab, and click on the “Track Your Assessment Status”’ button.
- After clicking on it, choose the ‘By Name, Father’s Name, and Mobile Number’ option.
- After this, provide the state, city, and district details along with the personal details mentioned in the option.
- Click “Submit” after all the above-mentioned steps are complete.
- Now, the status will be displayed on the screen.
B. The Process to check the application Status with Assessment ID
- Log on to the PMAY portal.
- Go to the ‘Citizen Assessment’ tab and then click on the “Track Your Assessment Status” button.
- Select the ‘By Assessment ID’ option from the two displayed options.
- Enter the assessment ID and contact information that was assigned at the time of submission.
- Click on ‘Submit’ after the details are duly filled and checked.
- The applicant can now know the status of their application.