RAILTEL CORPORATION OF INDIA LIMITED IPO
Incorporated in 2000, Railtel Corporation of India Limited is one of the largest neutral telecom infrastructure providers in India with a Pan-India optical fiber network presence. It is wholly owned by the Government of India under the control of the Ministry of Railways. Railtel is a key partner for digital transformation to Indian Railways. The company aims to modernize the telecom system of Indian Railways which is used for train control, operations & safety measures. Also, the company is committed to providing innovative services backed with advanced & cutting edge technologies to the Indian telecom market.
As of March 2020, 5,655 stations have been wifi enabled by Railtel. Currently, there are 5,900+ stations which are wifi-enabled by Railtel's optical fiber network. It has a Pan-India presence with 58,000+ RKM (Route Kilometer) of optical fiber network across all the important states, cities, and several rural areas. The network by Railtel covers around 70% of the total population of India.
As of March 2020, the company has total assets of Rs.2,398.10 Crores. The total revenue for the FY 2020 was Rs.1,166 Crores. The revenue and profit have shown growth of 12.30% and 4.20% in the FY 2020 over FY 2019 respectively.
Railtel has a diversified portfolio of its products and services which include:
- Data Centre and Disaster Recovery.
- Cloud services and storage & servers.
- Leased Line.
- Security and Surveillance.
- LAN, WiFi, and Public hotspots.
- Tower collocation.
- Transmission network.
- WAN and SWAN.
- Telepresence services.
The promoter of the company is The President of India acting through the MOR (Ministry of Railways) under the Government of India.
Strengths of the company:
- Railtel is one of the largest neutral telecom infrastructures provided in Pan India. It also has an optical fiber network.
- It has a diversified portfolio of services & solutions.
- Railtel is a key digital transformation partner to Indian Railways.
- The company has a very strong financial performance.
- The company has experience in executing projects of national importance with its strong pipeline of projects.
- Railtel has a strong corporate governance and management team with significant industry experience.
Purpose of the IPO:
- There is no fresh issue in the IPO. The company will not receive any proceeds from the offer.
- To carry out the Government’s disinvestment plan.
- To get the listing benefits of the equity shares on the stock exchange.
Financial Performance of the company:
|FY 2020||FY 2019||FY 2018|
|Profit after tax||141.06||135.35||134.00|
*All the values are in crores and as per DRHP.
Valuation of the company:
|FY 2020||FY 2019||FY 2018|
|Basic Earnings per Share (EPS)||4.40||4.22||4.18|
|Diluted Earnings per Share (EPS)||4.40||4.22||4.18|
|Return on Net Worth (%)||10.30%||10.50%||10.90%|
|Net assets value per Equity share||42.67||40.17||38.30|
*as per DRHP.
|Face Value||₹10 per equity share|
|Market Lot||155 Shares|
|Minimum Order Quantity||155 Shares|
|Price Band||₹93 - ₹94 per equity share|
|Issue type||Book Built Issue IPO|
|Issue Size||₹819.24 Crores|
|Offer for Sale||₹819.24 Crores|
Important IPO dates:
|Open Date||16th February 2021|
|Close Date||18th February 2021|
|Basis of Allotment Date||23rd February 2021|
|Initiation of Refunds||24th February 2021|
|The credit of shares to Demat Account||24th February 2021|
|Listing Date||26th February 2021|
|Qualified Institutional Buyers (QIBs)||Not more than 50%|
|Non- Institutional Buyers (NIIs)||Not less than 15%|
|Retail Investors||Not less than 35%|
Check your Home First Finance IPO allotment status here:
Kfintech IPO allotment Status: Click here
BSE IPO Allotment Status: Click here
NSE IPO Allotment Status: Click here