About DSP Taxsaver Fund
DSP Taxsaver Fund is an open-ended equity-linked saving scheme which comes with a lock-in period of 3 years.
The investment objective of the scheme is to provide medium to long-term capital appreciation to the investors by making investments in a diversified portfolio of equity & equity-related securities of companies and enable investors to avail of the deductions under Section 80C of Income Tax Act,1961.
The Benchmark of the scheme is Nifty 500 Index TRI.
|Minimum Application Amount||Rs.500 & any amount thereafter|
|Minimum Additional Investment||Rs.500 & any amount thereafter|
|Type||Minimum Amount||Minimum Installments|
|Monthly||Rs.500 & in multiples of Rs.1 thereafter||6|
|Quarterly||Rs.500 & in multiples of Rs.1 thereafter||6|
Entry Load: Nil
Exit Load: Nil
DSP Taxsaver Fund is suitable for investors with moderate to high-risk appetite looking to invest for a period of 5 years & above. This fund is recommended to investors for meeting their tax-saving needs.
As the fund predominantly invests in equity securities, DSP Taxsaver Fund has the taxability of an equity mutual fund scheme. Following taxation is applicable:
- If the units are sold after 1 year, then the gains on investments are treated as Long Term Capital Gains (LTCG). LTCG of up to Rs 1 lacs in a financial year is tax-free and above that, it is taxed at the rate of 10% without the benefit of indexation.
- If the units are sold within 1 year, then the gains are treated as Short Term Capital Gains (STCG) and are taxed at the rate of 15%.
Being an ELSS Scheme, contributions to DSP Taxsaver Fund are eligible for claiming tax deductions under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act,1961.
DSP Taxsaver Fund’s Asset Allocation
Under normal conditions, the pattern of asset allocation is as follows:
|Assets||Minimum indicative allocation (% of total assets)||Maximum indicative allocation (% of total assets)||Risk Profile|
|Equity & Equity related securities||80||100||High|
|Investments in ADRs, GDRs & Foreign equity||0||20||High|
|Debt & money market instruments||0||20||Low to Moderate|
Who should invest?
ELSS funds are those equity mutual funds that invest in the equity & equity-related securities of companies across market capitalizations & different sectors. These funds provide an opportunity for investors to earn capital gains through its equity investments along with offering tax benefits.
Investments in DSP Taxsaver Fund can be made by investors who want to invest for their tax-saving needs. The fund has a multi-cap portfolio that provides a diversified equity portfolio that can generate good returns over long periods.
Investors looking to invest in a tax-saving product with high risk/reward characteristics could consider ELSS funds. Otherwise, one could consider other tax saving schemes which offer fixed returns with relatively lower risks.
Though the fund has a lock-in of 3 years, we recommend investments for at least 5 years or more to earn potential good returns on the investments.
The following people are eligible for investing in this scheme:
- Indian Resident Adults (single holder or on a joint basis)
- Hindu Undivided Family
- Partnership entities
- Limited Liability Partnership units
- Minor through parent or a legal guardian
- Sole Proprietor
- Corporates, PSUs & others.
- Banks & Financial Institutions
- Religious & Charitable Trusts
- Defense & paramilitary units
- Foreign Portfolio Investors
- Pension/Provident/Gratuity Funds
- Trustee, AMCs or Sponsors
- Other schemes of DSP MF or other mutual funds
- Alternative Investment Funds
How to invest?
You can invest in DSP Taxsaver Fund through any AMFI distributor, AMC, banks, or third party platforms. If you need any help with your investments, you can reach out to our ZFunds Experts on Whatsapp - 7217746224.