In this video we have reviewed the ICICI Prudential ESG Fund. The fund NFO is open for subscription from the 21st of September till the 5th of October. The ICICI Prudential ESG Fund will follow a sustainable investing or ESG investing strategy. Companies chosen for investment in the fund will be reviewed on non-financial parameters along with the financial and fundamental parameters. Each company will be given a composite ESG score on each of the parameters, i.e., Environmental Empathy, Social Responsibility and Corporate Governance. The stocks for inclusion in the fund will be selected form the Nifty 100 ESG Index, which includes top companies like Reliance Industries, HDFC Bank, Infosys, Asian paints, HUL, etc. The fund can also invest in foreign equities with a high ESG score. The Nifty 100 ESG index has generated a return of 9.30% vs a return of 7.80% for the Nifty 50 index over the previous 5 years.
In this video we have also discussed:
1. Minimum Investment amounts in ICICI Prudential ESG Fund
2. Exit loads on ICICI Prudential ESG Fund
3. Applicable tax rates on ICICI Prudential ESG Fund
4. Suitability for investors of ICICI Prudential ESG Fund
5. Benefits of investing in ICICI Prudential ESG Fund