In this video we review the Nippon India Small Cap Fund 2020. This is an actively managed small cap fund with a 10-year track record of being one of the best managed funds in the category. This is an active fund, which aims to invest a majority portion of its total corpus in shares of companies with small market capitalization., i.e. in companies below 250th rank in terms of market capitalization.
Some of the facts of the Nippon India Smallcap Fund are as follows:
1. Total Assets Under Management (AUM) on 31st March 2020 – Rs. 9,625crores
2. Expense Ratio – 1.77%
3. NAV of Nippon India Small Cap Fund on 30th September 2020 – Rs. 42.16
4. Returns on Nippon India Small Cap Fund a. 6 Months – 40.63% b. 1 Year - 13.59% c. 3 Years – 0.76% d. 10 Years – 15.17%
5. Minimum investment (Lumpsum) – Rs. 5,000
6. Minimum investment (SIP) – Rs. 100
7. Maximum investment – No Limit
8. Exit Load – 1% on first 10% units if sold within 1 year
9. Exit Load – Nil if sold after 1 year The gains from the Nippon India Smallcap Fund is taxed like equity.
If units are sold within 1 year the gains are taxed at 15%. In case of sale after 1 year, gains are taxed at 10%. For more details about taxes on mutual funds, you may watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZDlswFBbJE&t=223s This fund is suitable for high-risk investors and looking to invest in shares of small cap companies.