Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana 2020
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana is a small saving scheme which was started as a part of the ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’ campaign. In the video we have discussed the following about the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana 2020.
1. Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account is meant for a girl child. Any parent or guardian can open an account in the name of a girl below the age of 10.
2. This account can be opened in any post office or in selected bank branches.
3. The minimum amount that a person can deposit is Rs. 250 per financial year. While the maximum is Rs. 1,50,000. The deposits need to be made for 15 years.
4. The interest rate on this account is decided quarterly. For April-June 2020 the interest rate on this scheme is 7.60%.
5. The maturity for this account is at 21 years from the date of account opening.
6. Amount deposited is deductible from income u/s 80C.
7. Interest received on Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana is tax-free.
8. The amount received on maturity is exempt from tax. Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana is a very good scheme for investing in a disciplined way to secure a girl’s future.