About Axis Midcap Fund
Axis Midcap Fund is an open-ended equity scheme primarily investing in the stocks of mid-cap companies.
The investment objective of the scheme is to provide long term capital appreciation to the investors by making investments in equity & equity-related securities of mid size companies. The fund would focus on investing in larger companies within the category.
The Benchmark of the scheme is S&P BSE Midcap Index.
|Minimum Application Amount||Rs.5,000 & in multiples of Rs.1 thereafter|
|Minimum Additional Investment||Rs.100 & in multiples of Rs.1 thereafter|
|Type||Minimum Amount||Minimum Installments|
|Monthly||Rs.1,000 & in multiples of Rs.1 thereafter||6|
|Yearly||Rs.12,000 & in multiples of Rs.1 thereafter||3|
Entry Load: Nil
If units are redeemed or switched out within 1 year - 1%
If units are redeemed or switched out after 1 year - Nil
Axis Midcap Fund is suitable for investors with moderate to high-risk appetite and looking to invest for a period of 7 years & above.
As the fund predominantly invests in equity securities, Axis Midcap Fund has the taxability of an equity mutual fund scheme. Following taxation is applicable:
- If the units are sold after 1 year, then the gains on investments are treated as Long Term Capital Gains (LTCG). LTCG of up to Rs 1 lacs in a financial year is tax-free and above that, it is taxed at the rate of 10% without the benefit of indexation.
- If the units are sold within 1 year, then the gains are treated as Short Term Capital Gains (STCG) and are taxed at the rate of 15%.
Axis Midcap Fund’s Asset Allocation
Under normal conditions, the pattern of asset allocation is as follows:
|Assets||Minimum indicative allocation (% of total assets)||Maximum indicative allocation (% of total assets)||Risk Profile|
|Equity & Equity related securities of Mid-cap companies||75||100||High|
|Equity & Equity related securities of other companies||0||25||High|
|Debt & money market instruments||0||25||Low to Moderate|
Who should invest in Axis Midcap Fund?
Mid-cap funds are those equity mutual funds that invest in the equity & equity-related securities of the companies with ranks 101 to 250th in terms of market capitalization. These companies generally have higher growth potential as compared to large cap funds.The midcap stocks usually have a higher volatility than large caps & lower volatility as compared to smallcaps.
Investments in Axis Midcap Fund can be made by investors who want to diversify their equity mutual fund portfolio by making investments in different market capitalizations. The focus on investing in larger companies in the midcap segment makes investments in this fund relatively stable than other funds in the midcap category.
Investors looking to invest in equity funds with moderately high risk-reward characteristics could consider investments in this fund. The fund can be a good investment to achieve diversification in the investor’s equity portfolio.
Also Read: Best Mid Cap Funds to Invest in India
The following people are eligible for investing in this scheme:
- Indian Resident Adults (single holder or on a joint basis)
- Hindu Undivided Family
- Partnership entities
- Limited Liability Partnership units
- Minor through parent or a legal guardian
- Sole Proprietor
- Corporates, PSUs & others.
- Banks & Financial Institutions
- Religious & Charitable Trusts
- Defense & paramilitary units
- Foreign Portfolio Investors
- Pension/Provident/Gratuity Funds
- Trustee, AMCs or Sponsors
- Other schemes of Axis or other mutual funds
- Alternative Investment Funds
How to invest in Axis Midcap Fund?
You can invest in Axis Midcap Fund through any AMFI distributor, AMC, banks or third party platforms. If you need any help with your investments, you can reach out to our ZFunds Experts on Whatsapp - 7217746224.
More Axis Funds:
Axis Bluechip Fund Regular Plan
Axis Long Term Equity Fund Growth
Axis Multicap Fund Regular Plan Growth
Axis Focused 25 Fund Growth
Axis Small Cap Fund Growth
Axis Liquid Fund Growth
Axis ESG Equity Fund Growth