Mirae Asset Midcap Fund Details 2023
Mirae Asset Mid Cap Fund is an open-ended equity scheme primarily investing in the stocks of mid-cap companies.
The investment objective of the scheme is to provide long term capital appreciation to the investors by making investments in equity securities of mid-cap companies.
The Benchmark of the scheme is NIFTY Midcap 100 Index TRI.
|Minimum Application Amount||Rs.5,000 & in multiples of Rs.1 thereafter|
|Minimum Additional Investment||Rs.1,000 & in multiples of Rs.1 thereafter|
|Type||Minimum Amount||Minimum Installments|
|Monthly||Rs.1,000 & in multiples of Rs.1 thereafter||5|
|Quarterly||Rs.1,000 & in multiples of Rs.1 thereafter||5|
Entry Load: Nil
If units are redeemed or switched out within 1 year - 1%
If units are redeemed or switched out after 1 year - Nil
Mirae Asset Midcap Fund is suitable for investors with moderate to high-risk appetite and looking to invest for a period of 7 years & above.
As the fund predominantly invests in equity securities, Mirae Asset Mid Cap Fund has the taxability of an equity mutual fund scheme. Following taxation is applicable:
- If the units are sold after 1 year, then the gains on investments are treated as Long Term Capital Gains (LTCG). LTCG of up to Rs 1 lacs in a financial year is tax-free and above that, it is taxed at the rate of 10% without the benefit of indexation.
- If the units are sold within 1 year, then the gains are treated as Short Term Capital Gains (STCG) and are taxed at the rate of 15%.
Mirae Asset Mid Cap Fund’s Asset Allocation
Under normal conditions, the pattern of asset allocation is as follows:
|Assets||Minimum indicative allocation (% of total assets)||Maximum indicative allocation (% of total assets)||Risk Profile|
|Equity & Equity related securities of mid-cap companies||65||100||High|
|Equity & Equity related securities of other companies||0||35||High|
|Debt & money market instruments||0||35||Low to Moderate|
Who should invest in Mirae Asset Midcap Fund ?
Mid-cap funds are those equity mutual funds that invest in the equity & equity-related securities of the companies with ranks 101 to 250th in terms of market capitalization. These companies generally have higher growth potential as compared to large cap funds.The midcap stocks usually have a higher volatility than large caps & lower volatility as compared to smallcaps.
Investments in Mirae Asset Midcap Fund can be made by investors who want to diversify their equity mutual fund portfolio by making investments in different market capitalizations. The focus on building a robust portfolio of strong growth companies with sustainable competitive advantages & robust business models in the midcap segment would help the fund to avoid concentration & liquidity risks.
Investors looking to invest in equity funds with moderately high risk-reward characteristics could consider investments in this fund. The fund can be a good investment to achieve diversification in the investor’s equity portfolio.
The following people are eligible for investing in this scheme:
- Indian Resident Adults (single holder or on a joint basis)
- Hindu Undivided Family
- Partnership entities
- Limited Liability Partnership units
- Minor through parent or a legal guardian
- Sole Proprietor
- Corporates, PSUs & others.
- Banks & Financial Institutions
- Religious & Charitable Trusts
- Defense & paramilitary units
- Foreign Portfolio Investors
- Pension/Provident/Gratuity Funds
- Trustee, AMCs or Sponsors
- Other schemes of Mirae Asset or other mutual funds
- Alternative Investment Funds
How to invest in Mirae Asset Mid Cap Fund ?
You can invest in Mirae Asset Mid Cap Fund through any AMFI distributor, AMC, banks or third party platforms. If you need any help with your investments, you can reach out to our ZFunds Experts on Whatsapp - 7217746224.